This hill has been the property of the Pomoni-Soili family for the past four generations.
From the time, almost ten decades ago, when Petros Pomonis bought this hill and built a house for himself and his family there.
In the devastating earthquake of 1953 the house, as well as the family church on the site, were brought to the ground, though by this time the hill had passed into the hands of his son, Georgis.
For years the hill remained without life, until Georgis' sons, Petros and Vassilis, decided to start rebuilding, creating facilities which meet modern needs, at the same time respecting the past! With personal labour and great zeal they built the new houses and also re-erected the family chapel, dedicated to St. George.
We are at Tragaki, upon an all-green hill with a view to the endless blue of the Ionian Sea and the green olive groves surrounding the hill.
Tragaki is a traditional village on the eastern side of Zakynthos. Our village has three organised beaches (one of them can be used as an anchorage area for boats) and two outdoor theatres, the “Avouri” theatre and the “Dermatousa” theatre.
Another point of interest is a historically important monument, the 17th century Byzantine Church of Holy Mary Dermatousa, which is a jewel for our village. To relax, you can walk along the kantounia (footpaths) of our village, amidst the olive groves.